charlie b

When I started seriously thinking about getting into woodworking
I found rec.woodworking. Got a lot of good advice, direction and
help from a lot of knowledgable, talented people. Now, when
I can I try to follow their example and lend a helping hand
when I can.

This group is a lot calmer AND just as helpful. I think I'm
gonna like hanging out here as well. Thanks - much
appreciated. Hope I can be an beneficial addition to the group.

charlie b

(I took the midi lathe off my bench and semi-put it away
for a while. Had to do that so I wouldn't try turning
toothpicks. This turning thing is really addictive - and
a lot less expensive than what it costs to build solid wood
furniture and the like. Have a To Do List I have to get
back to - utility shelves, a big gate with arched top and panels,
a table to glue up, a cabinet for younger son's LPs (he's
a retro throw back) a door and drawer faces to put on
to finish my sharpening station cabinet AND the coopered
door mini-cabinet for router bits. Play time's over
for now - back to "work")