Nick Hull

In article
,
"Norm Dresner" wrote:

"Nick Hull" wrote in message
In article ,
Jim Stewart wrote:

Anyone else have a bad feeling about this? The more
news we hear, the weirder it gets. No signs of
explosive decompression, no frost on the windows,
captain missing from his seat and his body missing.

My understanding is that loss of presurization is
serious but certainly can be handled by a competent
crew. Also, I've heard that under FAA rules, as
soon as one pilot leaves his seat, the other must
go on oxygen. Anyone else a little puzzled?

I'll put this down to more casualtied in the war on terror. With the
cockpit door locked the passengers were only able to freeze and wait
hours for the crash.

Mechanically (metal) it may have been similiar to the one in N. Dakota
where the pilot went to the bathroom and then the depressurization valve
failed open. The pilot was not able to leave his oxygen hose. In the
Greek case, the co-pilot may have been on oxygen but he was not first
rate and maybe was waiting for the pilot to return and ran out of oxygen?

If the copilot knew anything at all about flying, he'd have descended to
about 12K feet very quickly to get oxygen for the whole plane -- that's SOP!

Since the plane crashed & still had fuel, maybe the co-pilot set the
autopilot to a lower altitude and it took too long to get there?

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/