Cliff

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 04:52:15 GMT, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:56:50 GMT, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:53:51 -0400, wrote:

the new Democracy Corps study concludes that cultural issues trump
economic issues by a wide margin for many of these voters -- giving
the GOP a significant electoral advantage.

For the president, 38 flavors of bad
George W. Bush is a very popular president -- in Idaho.

So do you think he will run again?

You mean still and not "again". This guy runs from anything if there is the
slightest chance it will be in his face.
Right now it's a girl parked on his lawn that he won't face.

Face? He commented on it. Looked like he'd been eating
something very sour & wanted someone to kill someone.
Ugly, ugly, ugly .....

Nice to see her Free Speech Zone moved out of that ditch
though.
Will she still be surrounded by lots of goons with weapons?

Btw..whatcha think about the new revelations that Clinton lied about
bin Laden and they could have stopped 9-11 a year and a half before
they flew into the WTC, but he and his FBI appointees tried to brush
it under the rug?

Clinton, or most any politician for that matter, lying is not much of a
revelation but I have seen published reports of three attempts to grab Bin
Laden that went south.
The Clinton administration was much more on the ball in this area than you
are willing to admit and terrorism was considered at a much higher level
than the first year of the Bush administration. Bush and Co. were going to
ride into town and act responsibly BY GOD and look at what has been
accomplished. There is also the small but important intelligence summary
that W blew off pre- 911. He could have shut UBL down right then had he been
so inclined. Probably not enough warning though. Who do you think Bush will
blame the next time, Ted Kennedy or Hillary Clinton?

Reports are that the CIA had information.
The neocons said not to tell the FBI as I understand it.

Then, on 9-11, Cheney took personal command of the US air defenses
(which usually would have had a 5 minute response time to a missing
or off flight plan plane) and had them all off ot Greenland or Iceland
or somesuch. PLUS all the confusion he caused, I expect.

Since when does the VP personally control specific secret military
exercises? It ended up being the one day in probably a decade that
those planes would NOT have been intercepted rapidly.

I will want to read what is coming out to learn more but it would appear
that Gorelick, and not Clinton, was less than forthcoming at best.
Able Archer is described in Richard Clarke's book, read it sometime.
The barriers between agencies were largely a response to Nixon and then
Reagan if you care to think about it.

Yeah. Look at Ashcroft "investigating" his old buddy Rove.
--
Cliff