Curtis CCR

I have a Hoover. It's great.
After many more than three or four cleanings, nothing wicked up.
I've never had a problem with bacteria, dust mites, or tiny bugs.
Buy a ServiceMaster stain kit for spotting in between deep cleanings.

I have never had a problem with stuff wicking up either. But I very
careful not oversoaking the carpet and then go over the carpet several
times without spraying solution to suck up as much as possible.

I have never done a "culture" on my carpet - so I wouldn't know how
much bateria is there. Though the cleaning solutions claim to take
care of practically all dust mites and allergens.