Mary Fisher

"Mr Fizzion" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:33:32 +0100, Adrian C wrote:

What's living, mutated & chemical inside the town pigeon is a bit of a
worry. If they were generally acknowledged as safe to eat, the streets
of London would be overrun with 'Kentucky Fried Pigeon' shops.

Indeed. If you have ever "peeled" a pigeon (preferably a dead one) to
extract the breasts

I have gutted many.

then you will know that you often end up getting
some of the stuff that was in the crop onto the flesh.

Not if you're careful. I've gutted birds of very many kinds and haven't had
any contamination.

I don't want
bits of McDonalds nor part digested dog ends on my fried pigeon! :-)

I don't want McDs in any form but many people seem to think it's edible,
even desirable.

Never seen dogends in a crop though.

Frying isn't the best way to cook pigeon breast unless it's young. The
breast meat gets tough from all the flying and is best cooked very slowly.
Samewith puffin and rook.

Mary

Mr F.