Mary Fisher

"Matt" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

I like pigeons. I like their noise. They're beautiful. They're not as
filthy
as humans. Their droppings are the best fertiliser ever.

Must be some very mucky humans you are acquainted with!

They're everywhere. They drop litter, get drunk and vomit and urinate
wherever they are when they've lost control of themselves (for fun, I
understand). They drop cigarette ash out of car windows, empty ashtrays in
gutters and eject chewing gum on pavements. They spray walls and have, to my
eye, ugly gardens. They swear and spit - have you seen a football match
lately? They don't wash themselves or their clothes so smell of sweat, some
don't brush their teeth and have offensive breath. Many have infectious or
contagious diseases. They park cars on pavements, obstructing access for
pedestrians. They make awful noises in and out of their cars and think it's
clever to show their lack of vocabulary. That's just a start.

I must admit it's mostly boys and men who do these - and other - things but
some women do too. If you say you've never seen any of these I don't believe
you.

All the crap
that drops on my back lawn below where the filthy buggers

I rest my case.

Its tempting to get a mate round with his shotgun and do a vertical
discharge right up the tree - I think we might be just ok legally but
it won't half scare the neighbours ;-)

Oh, wouldn't that be fun :-)

Then take out the Magpies and
the Crows and we might end up with proper sized birds in the garden
again.

Nature abhors a vacuum.No matter how many birds you kill there'll be others
to take their place.

If it were as easy as killing the ones which can be seen farmers would have
no problems, would they?

I do wonder what you mean by 'proper sized birds' though.

Mary