Matt

"Mary Fisher" wrote:

I like pigeons. I like their noise. They're beautiful. They're not as filthy
as humans. Their droppings are the best fertiliser ever.

Must be some very mucky humans you are acquainted with! All the crap
that drops on my back lawn below where the filthy buggers perch on a
convenient tree branch kills anything it touches. On the good side I
think the Magpies took out all but one chick from the nest and had a
good feed on my garage roof.

Its tempting to get a mate round with his shotgun and do a vertical
discharge right up the tree - I think we might be just ok legally but
it won't half scare the neighbours ;-) Then take out the Magpies and
the Crows and we might end up with proper sized birds in the garden
again.