Upscale

"woodworker88" wrote in message
It might be very useful if you do nearly all your drilling with bits
that don't have a center spur to guide the location of the hole. I
find that when I use a hole saw, it is very difficult to determine the
exact location, even with a pilot bit, mainly b/c the bit is under the
hole saw.

When I'm drilling with a holesaw, I lower the bit until it barely indents
the wood. Then I raise it up to see how it's lined up. Depending on that
information you readjust or don't. I can't for the life of me see where the
few seconds required to do this type of alignment justifies the frivolous
cost of a laser pointer.

I guess if you've got the money, then hey, it's your money. But me, I'd just
as soon invest it in something more important, like beer.