Creekbuster

Default Comments Grizzly 0513 17" Bandsaw for resawing

I'm looking at replacing my little 10" bandsaw with one that I can do resawing
on. I purchased a 8" grizzly joiner and have enjoyed it's performance price
point. I want at least 8" or greater capacity for resawing. I would like to
spend around $1100.00. Has anyone used this bandsaw or the 19" G0514 model. I
haven't done any resawing but feel I need to plan on a bandsaw that can handle
it down the road.
I'm adding new equipment to my shop that should take handle my needs for the
next five years or so. I have a Delta 10" Unisaw With Biesemeyer and a grizzly
G0500 8" x 75" joiner. I'm retired so I can work most days in my shop. Thanks
for the help as always.

Any comments on what is really needed to do resawing would help also. Thanks