John Martin

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:
Well, I know that it's a fairly redundant and unnecessary thing to have,
but I figured that if I were doing a lot of drilling, it might make
things just a 'bit' easier to not have to lower the drill down each time
to line it up. Given the amused responses, it sounds like it's not
worth the money. Of course, I can always retrofit a guide on later if I
decide it would help.

Thanks!

With most drill presses I've seen, you not only lower the bit each time
to line it up, but you then lower the bit further each time to drill
the hole. Pretty hard to drill the hole without lowering the bit,
unless maybe you're holding the wood in your hands and raising it up to
the drill. But maybe I'm missing something.

John Martin