LRod

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:02:31 -0400, Donnie Vazquez
wrote:

Wrong, I was pushing down lightly with my left hand on the back of the
board behind the blade, while pushing with my right hand. The kickback
most definitely pulled my left hand back through the blade. Not down on
top. Physics and logic aside, that's what happened, and it all happened
in the blink of an eye.

Nevertheless, what you were doing and what the OP was doing are two
entirely different operations. I stand by my assertion that it is not
possible for one's hand(s) to be pulled into the blade from a kickback
while pulling the work through from the back of the saw, your
experience under completely circumstances notwithstanding..

It's the same reason I was taught not to ever have one's hands on the
workpiece over the cutterhead when operating a jointer. Kickback,
board goes, hand stays, love grows...oops, a '60s flashback there.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net