tony sayer

In article , Mr Fizzion
writes
On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:21:36 GMT, dave wrote:

Does anyone hate pigeons more that I do? Impossible! Their stupid cooing

sounds,
their filthy habits... And yet people feed these vermin in town squares and

yes,
even back gardens. I know I am not alone in my pigeon hate world - Bill Bryson
has a paragraph about these pea-brained creatures of filth in his book "Tales
from a Small Island" book.

Ah,,, that's better.

ps small print: I was just trying to bring a little smile to all on sunny
Wednesday morning :-) (which would be nice and quiet if it weren't for the

damn
pigeons!!!! Yes I watch The league of Gentlemen

Personally I hate them and their stupid noises. There are two types
you are likely to see however: The common "town pigeon" (Columba
livia) which doesn't have the white band round its neck, and the Wood
Pigeon (Columba palumbus) which does have the white band. I'm not too
sure if it's a good idea to eat town pigeons.

Wood pigeons are more likely what you get "in suburbia".

You can't shoot pigeons without a good reason. The general license
issued each year by defra under the wildlife and countryside act 1981
lists these reason for killing these birds:

Preventing the spread of disease
Preventing serious damage to livestock, foodstuffs for livestock,
crops, vegetables, fruit, growing timber, fisheries or inland waters.

"I hate them" or "they're tasty" is unfortunately not enough.

Anyway, if pigeons are bad, magpies are a lot worse!

Oh and grey squirrels are quite tasty.

Yep!, there're fair game too)

--
Tony Sayer