John Schmitt

dave wrote:
Does anyone hate pigeons more that I do? Impossible! Their stupid cooing sounds,
their filthy habits...

Woody Allen describes them as "rats with wings". Should you wish to use
animal psychology to show them your superiority, clap your hands and
suddenly raise your arms sideways. They seem to think that you are some
sort of uber-pigeon and have taken fright. Once one in a group reacts
the rest follow it into the air. One of these days, I must try it in a
large square full of pigeons. Being so stupid pigeons have little
capacity for avoidance learning and come back to the same place, making
this a game you can carry on playing indefinitely. I see sloution number
22 has already been suggested.

There was that guy who was netting them In Trafalgar Square and selling
them to Turkish restaurants. You may perhaps take this on as an
enjoyable and lucrative hobby. ;-)

John Schmitt