Rob Morley

Lobster wrote:
Rob Morley wrote:
wrote:

If I could I would! the order of my reply seems to of got screwed up,
I'm just using google via web browser and haven't worked out how to use
the damn thing.

I just clicked the reply link and the text and attribution of your post
are already quoted in the message box.

If you go via the dreaded 'google beta' interface which I can't seem to
avoid any more, then AFAICS the 'Reply' link does indeed present a blank
message box, with no way to incorporate context.

The 'original' Google certainly enabled context and attributions to be
included; Rob I wonder if you're still accessing that somehow? Used to
be the case that google.com gave you the beta, whereas google.co.uk
still had the original, but that's no longer the case.

I just used groups.google.com (which says it's a beta), searched for
"Cutting A Square In A Travertine Tile" to find the thread, clicked the
Reply button on your post and signed in - and here we are with quotes
and attributions. Maybe there's a setting somewhere, but I don't think
I've changed anything since I last used Google for posting and that was
years ago.