LRod

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:23:27 -0700, "J" wrote:

"LRod" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:18:13 -0700, David wrote:

think about this: which way is a piece propelled during a kickback?
Would you want to have a firm grasp on a board that is going to be
forcefully ejected towards the front of the saw, dragging your hand into
the blade because you have chosen unwisely to PULL a board through? DOH!

See my response to your other post.

Think yanking a tablecloth off a fully set table.

I'd be hesitant to do this with a short board, but I do it all the time with
longer pieces of wood.

I don't think anyone suggested this with a short board. I certainly
didn't and wouldn't.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net