LRod

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:28:09 -0500, Australopithecus scobis
wrote:

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:37:24 -0700, John Girouard wrote:

Now, I would hope that I'd have my wits about me enough to
release the board if such a thing started to happen, but I'm certainly
not willing to test that theory.

Trick I picked up in an Aikido class: Your index finger hangs on until you
will it to let go. Your other fingers will let go on their own. Something
about swinging in the trees, I suppose. Anyway, if you do want to try the
pulling technique, just hold with your other fingers. (I have no opinion
on the TS technique part of the discussion.) Keep the tip in mind for any
situation where hanging on would be the wrong thing to do in an emergency.

Nevertheless, see my response to David. Think tablecloth and fully set
table, index finger and evolution notwithstanding.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net