WillR

George wrote:
"Barry N. Turner" wrote in message=20
=20
I don't have much use for miniature tools.........even when turning
ornaments, finials and other smaller stuff. I find that standard size =

tools
are easier to sharpen, more stable and feel better in the hand. There =

may
be instances where miniature tools are required, but you can do a
respectable job in most instances with standard-sized ones. Tiny tools=

=20
are
just hard to control and bounce around too much unless you hold them wi=

th=20
death grip. Just my opinion.........

=20
Tiny tools with large handles are easier. Make the handles, though if =

you=20
are careless about how far away your rest is with heftier tools, the sm=

all=20
ones will tell you about it.
=20

DAMHIKT

I rather suspect that you're avoiding certain possibilities because of =

your=20
bad experience. Try again with stoned edges - no grinders on the small=

=20
stuff - and large handles. =20

I just grind. Even the small tools -- so curious -- why just stoned edges=
?

They will reach in and make cuts obtainable no=20
other way.=20

That's why I made some small tools.

=20

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw