Nick Müller

F. George McDuffee wrote:

Another poster suggested there was such a thing as a 1.125 module
gear.

It was me. And no, I didn't suggest it. Because it wouldn't fit and it
is damned uncommon.

If so this looks like a good candidate. Next question:
why would anyone spec a 1-1/8 mm module gear?

It has to do with logic. ;-)
In the standard, there are arithmetic rows. These are grouped. The most
preferred group is the one most common. I.e. Mod. 1, Mod. 1.5. The next
group contains Mod. 1,25. The 3rd group (and you need to have a lot of
reason to select from this) contains Mod. 1.125. Chances are damned low,
that anybody would use a module from the 3rd group. Chances that you get
a stock gear from that group in _any_ shop are even lower.

Nick
--
Motormodelle / Engine Models:
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de