James \Cubby\ Culbertson

I'd be curious to see if any of those electricians are still alive or died
at a young age. Burning off the insulation emits some very toxic chem's
and is not recommended.
Cheers,
cc

"MattMika" wrote in message
What is the proper procedure for removing the insulation? Can you burn
it off in a barrel in the back yard? Do you need to add other
ingredients to support combustion? Do you need to wash it clean before
turning it in?

Thanks,
William

I worked a lot of construction when I was young and tried to collect
the scrap off the job sites for recycling, but it was hard to come by
as most of the electricians kept it for themselves. Many of the
electricians I worked with used to burn the insulation off.

Matt