SteveB

wrote

Either way, I am posting this because I need more jack power. I have
a 20 ton bottle jack, but those things lift so little at a time. I
believe I can only lift 4 inches before I have to put more blocking
under the jack for another 4".
Mark

Slow down, Mark!

Have you ever watched shows where they move barns, houses, and even
lighthouses?

They have a vast array of hydraulic jacks, and lift only a very small amount
at a time. You have to get the thing coming up evenly, or there's a kink, a
snap, and a collapse. I would get some more bottle jacks like you have,
plenty of crosstimbering, and do it just as slow as it takes to keep it from
tweaking, breaking, and collapsing into a messy pile. Bottle jacks are
cheap, and you could probably borrow enough to do the job without having to
go buy some. And even if you had to buy some, they aren't that expensive.

Think about it.

You're lifting up a barn. It ain't like using a car lift. It goes s l o w
l y.

Steve