Max

Default Telephone Wiring

This a question abbout telephone wiring on a UK phone system.

I used to have a BT phone in my house an this was connected directly to
the master phone socket using the cable that came with the phone. When
the house was re-floored they but this cable under the new wooden
floor. This cable worked OK with my old BT phone but wehn I connected a
new Cable and Wireless phone to this cable it would not work and I got
no dial tone. The new phone will work when I connect the new cable that
came with it directly to the socked but I want to find a way of using
the cable under the floor with my new phone if possible. This cabled
has two wires. I have tried reversing the poalrity of these to see if
this would make a difference but this has not worked. Does anybody know
of something that I can do to enable me to use my new phone with the
cable supplied with the older BT phone.

BTW the older phone is less than one year old.