Doug

wrote in news:kgd5g1p69ftduqj49rad5sll7845o268he@
4ax.com:

I was just shopping for a breaker box and could not believe what I
saw. Just when I thought I had seen it all, they come out with
plastic breaker boxes. I cant stand plastic outlet boxes, and now
breaker boxes. Besides being flammable, I can just see it now.

It's highly unlikely they're flammable. That wouldn't pass UL testing.
Take a torch to a plastic outlet box if you want to see what can be done
with flame resistant plastic these days. In addition, they're non-
conductive which could be advantageous.

I agree that the mouse resistance would be questionable so don't use them
in a shed. In a typical house, the hundreds of feet of hidden romex in a
would be a far greater potential risk with regard to mouse exposure as you
mention.

Doug