Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
This may be the wrong board for this question but I can't think where
else to get the answer. My halogen torchiere lamp finally stopped
working. I have a regular floor lamp with shade that doesn't give much
light. I have found a 300 watt halogen bulb with a regular base that
would fit the floor lamp. Will it be too hot? My husband thinks it
might burn the lampshade. Appreciate help from someone who knows
about these things.

Many torchiere lamps were recalled because the excessive heat was starting
fires in curtains and such. Sounds like a bad idea.

Greetings,

It is too bad that the 500 W torchiere lamps were recalled. I would
have much rather seen a warning to keep them 3 feet or more from
combustibles. I guess Americans just can't handle a product which is
only safe when used as directed.

Too bad,
William