John Grabowski

"Zoner" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just to add, the electrician installed the 240V before I had the hot
tub. I connected the wires to the hot tub myself, but am fairly
confident I made all the right connections. The 240V works, but it
appears that any 120V connection (between either of the hot wires to
neutral) causes the trip.

That is correct. By pulling 120 volts from one side of a 2 pole GFCI
breaker you are creating an imbalance which trips the breaker by design. If
your hot tub requires a 240 volt circuit and a 120 volt circuit you will
need to run a separate 120 volt line. You cannot tap off of one side of the
two pole GFCI breaker. Did your electrician know about the 120 volt
requirement when he installed the wiring?

How many amps is the 240 volt line rated for?

John Grabowski
http://www.mrelectrician.tv