Jeff Wisnia

EXT wrote:
Many people, including some posters on this newsgroup, think that all
electrical problems are a "short circuit" and have no concept as to what a
short circuit is and what it would do. Their analytical skills and knowledge
is just as accurate.

Well, we can't expect everyone to be a qualified tech writer. I'm not
one to rag on people who aren't skilled in every possible art, as long
as they don't insist that they are when they're patently not. Sometimes
trying to decode what a poster is really telling here can provide an
interesting challenge.

I'd hate to have my internist chide me because I couldn't explain what I
thought my ailment was using the proper clinical jargon.

OTOH, I pretty much agree with folks here who say, "Get a qualified
electrician fast", when the OP seems too naive to get all the way up to
speed through a few posts. Humans haven't evolved senses which let them
see, hear or smell household electricity unless it's already started
something frying or burning. The risks of immediate electrocution or
subsequent incineration of innocent victims are pretty high. Apparant
fools shouldn't be encouraged to rush in where angels dare to tread.
(Sermon over.)

This all reminded me of when I used to repair radios & TVs in the vacuum
toob days. I'd sometimes tell a customer that the problem I'd found in
their equipment was "a loose disconnection" when I was pretty sure
they'd never understand what I'd really done, even if I explained it a
dozen times. G

Peace,

Jeff

--