Boothbay

Curious to find a question like this in home repair...but u can thank
your lucky stars that I came across this, owning a crape myrtle going
on 15 years and i live in brooklyn, ny. Before I give u my 2 cents..I
have to find out if you bought this plant in Gainsville, Florida. If U
did, then that could be the problem right there. Owner notorious for
selling crape myrtles that for some reason most people, including me,
had them all die. Now, if u didn't buy it there...what kind is it? Is
it hardy variety? Sandy soil maybe the problem...not enough nutrients
in such enviorment. Do not fertilize if a plant of any kind is sickly
looking. I rarely ever fertilized my cm. Its now almost 12'
high...going up to 20' eventually. Its in full bloom. It usually starts
in mid July here and lasts through most of aug. I do not think your
going to get fall color in your neck of the woods. To get that, the
shrub has to cool off ( fall weather does that ) and I do not think
your fall weather will match NY's fall weather. If u take a chance in
fertilizing than i would try strictly nitrogen. You may have better
luck in this newsgroup
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...s?lnk=la&hl=en