toller wrote:
"John Grabowski" wrote in message
Not too much information to go on, but it is possible that you have a
loose
or broken wire somewhere on the line. Start at the electrical panel and
tighten all connections on the circuit breakers and the neutral bar.
While
you are in there check to see that you are actually getting "Juice" off of
each circuit breaker.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, the next step would be to open up
each
receptacle, switch, and light fixture on that particular circuit in search
of a broken or loose connection. The problem could even be in a
receptacle
that is still working.

If you are not comfortable doing this, I suggest that you call in an
electrician.

What John says is certainly the way to go about it, but...
You claim that several outlets on different circuits stopped working
simultaneously, but other outlets on those circuits still work. Is that
right? Well, except as a bizarre coincidence, that's not possible. If you
are sure it is what happened, I suggest you get an electrician ASAP for fear
something really perverse is going on.
If they simply stopped working the same week, or something than that, then
follow John's advice.

Greetings Toller,

This is possible.
Imagine the following counterexample.

two breakers in use
12-3 connected to both breakers (shared neutral)
15 A breaker on pole B in slot 2 of breaker box (red)
20 A breaker on pole A in slot 19 of breaker box (black)
12-3 wire runs to living room into junction box
15 A circuit from junction box feeds living room lights (red circuit)
20 A circuit from junction box feed living room receptacles (black
circuit)
12-3 continues on to bathroom into second junction box
15 A circuit from junction box feeds bathroom fan (red circuit)
20 A circuit from junction box feeds receptacles (black circuit)

If someone drove a nail through the shared neutral after the living
room but before the bathroom the living room would continue to work
(both circuits) but the bathroom would experience 240V and the fan /
GFCI receptacles might appear dead.

I don't pretend to claim that this is what is happening. I only want
to point out that what the poster claims is entirely possible.

Hope this helps,
William