RJM

In article ,
"toller" wrote:

What John says is certainly the way to go about it, but...
You claim that several outlets on different circuits stopped working
simultaneously, but other outlets on those circuits still work. Is that
right? Well, except as a bizarre coincidence, that's not possible.

Yes i do believe that is what has happened and here is why I think this
way. A few months back (again while vacuuming) a circuit breaker tripped
and shut off an air conditioner that was on the first floor and one
above it on the second floor (clock radio and light were also plug into
the upstairs outlet & went off). I flipped the circuit breaker back on
and all was fine. So I know (or guess) that they are on the same
curcuit. This time the air conditioner up stairs is now off (along with
clock radio and light) but the air conditioner on the first floor (and
it's outlet) are working fine. Now, if you say this is pretty impossible
than maybe I may not remembering the facts correctly and of course the
labeling on the breaker box is written in sand script. I will flip the
breakers on and off tomorrow and see if my memory is fading or not.