Carolina Breeze HVAC

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Checked the hot air ductwork from a forced hot air furnace, and find that
it is not grounded.

Probably because there is a non-metallic "flex-joint" between the furnace
and the main outgoing duct.

What does the Code say regarding this ?

Our code, states that you dont use ductwork as a ground, ever.
And really, since you would have to bond each joint to be effective, its not
worth the time to.

Should I just run a ground wire between the furnace shell (which is
grounded, probably via the
the AC power ground) and the Duct ?

No.
Why do you want to ground the ductwork?

This should work well, I guess, as most furnaces that don't have a
non-metallic joint are probably being grounded, in effect, in this manner.

What about the electrical Code, though ?

B.