Sacramento Dave

"johnnyzero" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I'm gonna be replacing the 60-yr-old 3/8" copper tubing that runs
through our concrete basement floor from the oil tank to the burner.
I'm gonna chisel out the old stuff, clean-up the channel, and then
re-bury the new tubing with concrete.

Anyway, from what I understand it's advisable to first encase it in
some type of outer plastic tubing or conduit to prevent corrosion
(that's why I'm replacing the stuff that's there). Any recommendations?

Thanks,
JohnB

Go to a plumbing supply They make a plastic sleeve ( looks like a small fire
hose/Blue) slide that over the pipe. If you are going to imbed it in the
concrete Then you might want to wrap it with foam pipe wrap. Comes in a
roll, 1/8 thick,6" wide. You could also use tem-mill tape. If you are
imbedding it in concrete expansion and contraction would be a concern. As
mentioned sliding it threw PVC would be good if you ever had to replace it ,
If you have any tight bends it could be a problem. Defiantly soft roll, you
don't want any joints in or under slab. If this can not be avoided joints
should be brazed.