SteveF

"siralfred" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've successfully preserved a wet brush with latex/acrylic paint many
times by placing it in the refrigerator for breaks or between coats.
I've heard from others that this should only be done in the freezer
though my experience otherwise. Seems a waste of time waiting for it
to thaw. I've used the fridge method sometimes for more than 24 hours
without any harm to the brush. And I use GOOD brushes that I'd rather
clean than replace. On the same note: can this be done with oil/alkyd
based paint? My guess would be no since low temperatures tend to make
oils coagulate. any tips on this? Thanks!

I've been going a couple days just by dipping the brush in and wiping to get
a good amount of paint on it (not dripping) and then wrapping it tightly in
Saran Wrap.

Steve.