mac davis

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:39:01 -0600, "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"
"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote:

I noticed that some drill presses come equipped with laser guides. Is
this something that you can buy as an attachment to most drill presses?

Jack

I've only seen one laser pointer on a DP, and it was kind of clever....
I expected a red dot where the hole would be drilled.. like "gee, I wonder where
the bit will hit the wood"...
What it actually did was throw out 2 lines at 90 degrees, like one of those
laser picture hangers, so you could line up with other holes, I guess..
Since I own 2 modern tools, a pencil and straight edge, I haven't run out and
bought a laser for the DP..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing