Watson A.Name - \Watt Sun, the Dark Remover\

wrote in message
In alt.engineering.electrical Dave Platt wrote:

| They're roughly comparable, under conditions of moderate load (e.g.
| 100 mA or so). The Duracell performance spec indicates that a

MN1500
| AA alkaline cell has a service life of around 20-22 hours at 100

mA...
| and this assumes that the battery can be drawn down all the way to

0.8
| volts per cell. This work out to around 2000-2200 mAh, and this
| figure seems to be good for discharge rates from trickle-load up to
| around 400 mA.

My noice-canelling headphones run from a single AAA battery. I bought
an 8-pack of Duracell MN2400B8 (AAA) in late June and have put about
80 to 90 hours on the first cell (still have 7 in the pack), and it's
still running fine. So this must be drawing a lot less than 100 mA.

Must not be very noisy. ;-) What brand and model are they?