Todd Fatheree

wrote in message
ups.com...

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/17/in...tml?oref=login
Critics of the Clinton administration have accused it of ignoring the
threat posed by Mr. bin Laden in the mid-1990's while he was still in
Sudan, and they point to claims by some Sudanese officials that they
offered to turn him over to the Americans before ultimately expelling
him in 1996 under international pressure. But Clinton administration
diplomats have adamantly denied that they received such an offer, and
the Sept. 11 commission concluded in one of its staff reports that it
had "not found any reliable evidence to support the Sudanese claim."

Wow, that's funny, because I've heard President Clinton in his own voice
talk about the Sudanese offering Bin Laden to us. However, Clinton said we
couldn't take him basically because he hadn't been indicted of any crimes,
but he begged the Saudis to take him. So take your pick...either the offer
was never made and Clinton is lying or the offer was made and we turned it
down. Whether the Sudanese had the ability to follow up is unknown.

todd