Jim Adney

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:20:10 GMT "Chris F."
wrote:

This may mean something, maybe not. I lifted off one of the rubber caps, and
tried poking a small rod down through. There seemed to be a hard film on
top, but underneath the gel appeared to be at least moderately wet. I'm
guessing that perhaps poking a hole in the hard film, then adding water,
might just work.

There's no harm in trying, and it might actually work. The problem is
that you really don't know how far in the elecrolyte gel is. If you
can actually get the water to it, you're all set. In the Gates Cyclon
cells I took apart, there was a similar cap, but going down that hole
only got me half way to the active part of the cell.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA