Art

27K Ohm 1/2 Watt 10% Resistor, also, as posted, change the HV block also
"Jason D." wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:23:08 GMT, Tom MacIntyre
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:36:29 -0400, "kip" wrote:

Its a ATC311..

kip

I've never seen one...probably a new model. I've been out of this
business for over 3 years now.

Tom

Every time you see a ATC311 with a burnt R14705, HV block WILL be bad.
HV block caused this. Guaranteed. Be careful to check 1/8W resistors
aren't burnt also, look for them, if they are burnt it is visible.
About 2" x 4" search area starting from left edge along rear edge.
Reason these tiny resistors may had burnt is that owner kept trying to
turn dead TV on repeatedly.

I have done bunch of those. Not too bad of a job.

Must replace HV block! Turn old one over, the potting material will
be cracked from the grounding tab. Before unbolting that HV block
remove all 4 HV wires; my method for yanking out wires is pair of
pliers grab on HV wire and give it very short hard yank, HV wires
doesn't have good slack, short yanks mind you! Prepare HV wires that
bare wires is slightly under 1/4".

Be careful not to bump into the adjusting convergence rings (those
with tabs on it, two rings per yoke) on back of yokes between the HV
block, the space there is cramped.

I have to look up the part number for your HV block, RCA used two
kinds depending on models for ATC311 chassis. Give me the full
service model please. For example F25649TX01 not F25649.

Cheers, Wizard