Ned Simmons

In article ,
says...
Nate Weber wrote:
http://www.bostongear.com/pdf/upload..._pg133-153.pdf

That's a great link, thanks.

Print out page 136 then hold the gear up to each of the pictures.

I think you meant p 137.

Doesn't match mine. I scanned mine at high res and it appears as though
the teeth are not even involute. I.e., they are straight sided. Why
did they have to do it that way?

How many teeth on the gear? The shape of the involute changes with the
number of teeth - the more teeth the closer they'll get to straight
sided. 135 teeth is usually the point where gear cutters call it close
enough and switch to straight teeth, but the involute form may not be
apparent to the nekkid eye well below that.

Ned Simmons