williamhenry

I have built two elevators for residential use , one for my boss and one for
his dad

we used rebuilt tow motor masts and hydraulic power units from ebay

the safety is controlled by your fabricating skills and a one way flow valve
built into the bottom oh the hydraulic cylinder

even removing the hose completely the elevators only fall at a certain rate

we also built safety catches into the side that wont let it fall more than
an inch or two if the gate is open

that being said , the controls were a pita

no operation with open gates , securing the entrance and exit doors if the
car is not present

making the car trigger these portal locks and making the car not run until
the portal doors are closed was the biggest, gripe

I would not recommend building it for anyone else but yourself

also would not leave it operable when not present

I have seen one elevator using a chain hoist used to lift motorcycles to a
loft for storage
it works great but not real safe , if that little 3/8 bolt holding you to
the end of the hoist chain takes a vacation.................

please post pics when your done