Andy Hall

Default Why can't I cut worktop with jigsaw?

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:16:53 +0100, "rrh"
wrote:

My only thought is crap blades. I had a similar worktop disaster
(documented in another thread here) some time ago but on Andy's advice
bought the same jigsaw as you and breezed through the work. However I did
find the B&Q downcutters were useless whereas the ones from my local wood
merchant were excellent.

That's a thought. Blades are Performance Power, from B&Q.

Sling them because they are garbage.

I have some pukka
Bosch ones too so may try them before giving up. Thanks.

This is a good saw and will do a lot better with decent blades.

To be honest though, I wouldn't cut worktop end joints with a jig saw.
Even with a decent one like this, the results are not going to be
superlative.

For these joints it is better to go and hire a router and jig and do
it that way.

THe jigsaw should be OK for the sink hole, because the lip of the sink
should cover the sins - or is it undermounted?

You can also use a router to cut sink holes but it will need guide
rails or a template to do it.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl