Mary Fisher

"Owain" wrote in message
nightjar nightjar@ wrote:
told it was 5mm acryllic.
Is this acceptable

I prefer 8mm,

I prefer steel

but a lot also depends on how well the bath is supported.

We've all been very tactful and not asked the OP how much he and his
missus weigh :-)

Are you assuming they're in the bath at the same time? I've heard that it
happens :-)

Isn't there a standard weight which the manufacturers are supposed to allow
for?

Our bath is an ancient, large, cast iron one. All I worry about is the
strength of the floor holding it up when it's full of water. And me. Yes I'm
big (11 st 9lb and going down) but not as heavy as most of the men I know.
Spouse is 9 st dripping wet, before anyone makes a comment :-)

Mary

Owain