NickP

Default Contact details for BG / Transco - other than call centre? (maybe long)

Anyone know how to contact them other than by the call centre (0845
6056677) ?

Last Saturday we went to replace a section of broken soil pipe in my dads
garden. Knew the location by rodding. Armed with 4 inch clay and plastic
pipes (or metric equivalents) plus all other fittings to do the job.
Dig, find broken pipe and discover it is an old bitumen type pipe. Probably
laid late '50s or early '60s. From what is seen we have no way of repairing
this, so decided to replace the entire run of about 15m with 100mm plastic.
This between 2 brick built manhole things.
More digging. Unfortunately a spade or fork discovered a yellow plastic gas
pipe!
Call the gas emergency number. Bod turns up quite rapidly and effects a
temporary repair. Advises us that (a) a permanent repair will be carried
out at 10am on Monday morning and (b) don't renew the soil pipe until the
permanent repair is made. The soil pipe is immediately above the fractured
gas pipe.

Midday monday and not a sign of anybody. Ring the call/enquiry centre - the
response being "Oh no, not 10am it's booked for 10pm"
7pm a bod turns up. I'm only here to assess it, says he and goes on his
way. Adding, they'll be out Tuesday morning to fix it.
Gave it until midday today and called the call/enquiry centre again to be
told that it is scheduled for today. Called again at 3,4,5,6,7 o'clock,
similar response. Finally got somewhat irate when told the permanent repair
was scheduled for 23rd August. The woman hung up on me after leaving me on
hold for 10 mins or so. Called again at 8pm and was told that I would be
called back by a manager immediately. I'm not holding my breath.
The problem we have is that the soil pipe connects (or now does not
connect) to an adjoining let property. We are paying for them to stay in a
local hotel whilst the problem is corrected

Anyone know of contacting BG/Transco other than by the call centre?

I have told them that at 13.00 tomorrow I shall put the new drain in and
bury the whole lot.

Any thoughts or advice thankfully received

NickP