Owain

John Rumm wrote:
Yup, sorry I ommited part of my reasoning there... there is the same
conduit issue getting the wires from the CU to the loft as there is for
the socket drops. There is currently room for at best I would guess four
2.5s and it struck me that a 32A radial would be more use than a pair of
20A ones.

You may run into trouble both with conduit capacity factors and also
derating the cables for grouping.

If this guy is doing the place up to sell then

(a) the number of sockets must be adequate - inadequate electric sockets
is the sort of stating-the-bleeding-obvious to be picked up on survey.
If the job can't be done to current expectations of number of sockets,
perhaps better to leave it for the buyer to modernise.
(b) the place probably needs the decoration freshening anyway, whether
he wants to or not - so better to bite the bullet, chase in the cables
and re-emulsion. IIRC you said the sockets had old mounting holes, so
you'll probably have to break out the old back boxes from the conduit
anyway.
(c) if the sisters are getting 2/3rds of the profits from sale, perhaps
they should be prepared to chip in 2/3rds of the cost of the upgrade.

Owain