Ken Muldrew

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote:

So what pointers can anyone give me for accentuating the figure? I'm
willing to try a very subtle finish or even go dark if that's the best.

I plan on running some tests first of course but just looking for
ideas. I suppose dye would be bad because it's to even and I want
something that will provide more contrast... no?

First use a dilute black dye then lightly sand it when it's dry. Then
use a brown dye (antique maple or something of the sort). Boiled
linseed oil over that then rubbed out shellac or laquer. This may
exaggerate the figure beyond what you want but for some projects it's
very dramatic.

Ken Muldrew

(remove all letters after y in the alphabet)