Patriarch

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in
ups.com:

I usually leave Maple alone and just produce white pieces with clear
lac or slightly yellowed with NC lac. However, in a batch of 4/4 and
5/4 Maple that showed up for a project, one 8" x 8' 4/4 piece has nice
curly figure on the whole board all the way through.

Strange that this should come up again today. I'm putting the finishing
touches on a bathroom vanity, in soft maple. There is such nice figure in
the wood that I've gone with a dewaxed superblonde shellac, and will top
coat it with a water-white finish, to provide a modicum of protection
against bathroom chemicals.

Except for one part, where I'm using a burnt sienna dye stain, to provide
some contrast. The quilter in the family suggested that we needed some
definition there.

Where are you getting your maple? I'm in the East Bay, too, and finding
another supplier never hurts.

Patriarch