Robatoy

In article 9lmMe.7079$rR4.4100@trnddc08,
"dadiOH" wrote:

It is. The only thing that makes one sheen different from another is
the amount of flatting agent added to glossy...which is the sheen at
which varnishes start life.

In most cases it is just ultra fine silica.

In fact, Sikkens (I am sure there are others) offer a 'matting agent'
for their ultra high gloss acrylic lacquers. It gives you infinite
control over the sheen, providing you measure carefully and keep track
so you can repeat finishes.

In a pinch, I have skimmed some off the upper layer of a dormant can of
satin poly (neither shaken nor stirred) to do a quick high-gloss
touch-up.