Thomas Bunetta

"AggieSawDust" wrote in message
oups.com...
So I just recieved and installed my zero clearance insert from Grizzly
for my 1023S. I've never used one of these inserts and am concerned.

With the normal insert, when the saw is on, the only noise I hear is
the humming of the motor until I feed the saw some wood. However, with
the zero clearance insert in place and the saw running, I hear the
whining of the blade as it spins, making contact with the insert. Is
this normal? If so, won't this generate enough heat to scorch the
blade eventually?

Thanks.

When the blades teeth go by the ZCI at speed, the air is "chopped" much like
the old fashioned siren... this creates the additional whine. No harm will
come to the blade.
Tom