SteveB

"Ignoramus23305" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:16:10 -0700, SteveB
wrote:
I want to make an elevator of sorts for our newly acquired cabin. This
is
because moving any appliances in and out is a bear the way the stairs,
railings, walkways, etc. are located.

I want to make a section of handrail removable, and make a hoist maybe
48"
square for lifting items like fridge, furniture, and wheelchair bound
people
up to the level of the porch, a distance of about 8 feet.

Total weight I would guess at 1,000# max, and that is figuring at the
most,
a fridge and two people. Platform would be about 250#.

So, I would put in a 2,000# capacity hoist.

Any suggestions of brand names? I imagine it would be used maybe 25
times a
year.

Most "hoists" are not legal to use for lifting people.

Will anyone here who has done anything "illegal" with regards to
fabricating, rigging, lifting, hoisting, etc. please raise your hand?

Did we miss anyone? ( I can't see through all the hands.)

I thought not.

Steve