SteveF

Can't help on the disassembly but for those of us with older BP J heads,
what is the part number or id on the belt that you got from Auto Zone?

Thanks.
Steve.

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message
Advice needed.

The drive belt on our step pulley j-head Bridgeport broke after
many years of faithful service. Some time in the past, the
original Bridgeport belt had been replaced with an automotive
belt, and we were able to obtain an exact replacement from Auto
Zone.

Problem is installation. Anyone have a good way to do this
without major disassembly?

As a "quick fix" to finish out the semester, we are currently
running an "emergency fan belt" [about 6.00$] which could be
installed by cutting to length and splicing with special metal
clips. Mill receives only light usage a few nights a week by
students and seems to be working OK.

Has anyone used a link-belt as a long-term replacement? Our mill
supply is attempting to locate a supplier/distributor. Harbor
Freight offers what they call "Accu-Link" for 19.95 see:

A fast google search indicates this may be a US made product made
by http://www.jasonindustrial.com/trans...lts/vbelts.php