Dave Liquorice

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:44:06 +0100, hardyboy wrote:

now when i try to use it it seams to surge (i.e. nearly cuts out
then revs then nearly cuts out again) i`ve cleaned all the gras that
I can see and also removed the air filter and cleaned that. it seams
to be using loads of petrol...

They do that when hunting badly like yours. I suspect it is either a
damaged or slightly misplaced carburetor diaphragm. This is found
between the tank and the carb, it functions as fuel pump and a couple
of one way flap valves.

I had just your symptoms on my B&S engined mower this season. Took the
carb/tank assembly off and separated the carb from tank. One of the
little flap valves was tucked down into the hole it should cover.
Refitted making sure that the diaphragm was positioned so that the
flap had maximum chance of covering the hole and minimum of going back
down and the mower has been fine since.

Things are bit delicate and fine in there so be careful...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail