AlexW

Lobster wrote:
I cannot believe the answer to this isn't somewhere in the archives, but
I'll be damned if I can find it!

I'm about to lay a floor screed (approx 3m x 1.8m area) using a 3:1 mix
of sharp sand:cement, using a mixer. I can easily come up with the
volume of wet mixture I need; but where can I find out the number of
bags of cement and sharp sand I need to pick up from Wickes?!!

Cheers
David

Can you calibrate the mix ...

Based on say a bucket of sand, mix up 3:1 then work out the % of the
bucket the result fills. I think it will be less than a bucket ... say
85% full? You can get an approx sand/cement to volume multiplier then.

Approach may or may not be helpful...

Alex.